The Victorian Goldfields

Last term all grade 5/6 students at NGPS totally immersed themselves into  discovering what it was like living and working on  the Victorian  goldfields during the 1850’s.

We wrote some great poems that we’d like to  share.

Do you get an idea of what it must have been  like living and working on  the Victorian Gold Fields?

Do  you particularly like one of the descriptions someone has used?

Leave your feedback,  we’d love to  hear it.

Life on the Victorian Goldfields

6 thoughts on “The Victorian Goldfields

1. To Mrs Stevens,

It was great fun learning about the Gold Fields of Victoria but also very stressful at times. It would have been very tough with the rotten disease spreading everywhere and because of how shocking the miners were treated.

From Lachlan

2. Dear Mrs Stevens, I really enjoyed this topic because the more we learnt about it the more passionate I felt. Its the topic I have enjoyed the most this year. Did you enjoy teaching the topic? I am really proud with how my gold book has turned out! From Olivia

3. every one has a great gold diary poem, there is a great range of different types. I don’t have a favourite because they are so good and it would be selfish to have a favourite. the book idea is a good idea for people that visit the blog. I really enjoyed creating these letters they took a long time and were harder then expected. the hardest part was when we had to get everything to rhyme.

4. To Mrs Stevens,
    I learnt a lot about life on the gold fields. Especially since the grade sixes went to Sovereign Hill. The whole time you are there it is in a theme of the gold fields. Also at school I learnt a lot from school of how unfair it was back then.
    By Jack.O 😉 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 😉 😉 😉 😉 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛